The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing is proud to be the home of the Chris Economaki collection. Economaki, the noted motorsports journalist, editor of National Speed Sport News, and television sports commentator donated his vast racing publications, awards, journals, and other research materials to EMMR.
In addition to the valuable Economaki collection, the library has a large book collection, along with racing programs from around the world. The library also contains the Central States Racing Association paperwork, the Bob Chorpenning collection (racing columnist), the collection of noted historian Joe Heisler, plus many more research materials.
This material is available for viewing by researchers and those with an interest in the sport. We are in the process of updating to a new inventory system that will greatly enhance the research capabilities of historians.
The Jerry Reigle Research Room contains EMMR’s vast photograph collection. We estimate that there are over 20,000 photographs in the EMMR collection, including the large Jack Gunn collection. EMMR is also taking ownership of the large B&B photography collection that will almost double the number of photographs in our collection.
Due to our state of growth, we are now setting a new series of guidelines for the library and research rooms.
EMMR will soon have a set series of guidelines for each room; however, until that time new rules are in place for both rooms and are as follows.
- No food or drink of any kind is allowed in either room
- Pencils only in both rooms – pens, felt tip markers and other writing utensils are not allowed.
- A laptop computer bag is allowed. No other bags are permitted including backpacks, large purses, and other large storage items. If you have a large bag, we will secure it in a safe place until you have concluded your research.
- The use of cellphones to take pictures of photographs is prohibited.
- EMMR recognizes the copyright law of the United States (title 17, U.S. Code) that governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of the copyrighted material. If a user makes a request for, and or uses a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “free use,” that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
- EMMR reserves the right to deny permission to collection materials at its discretion.
- All photographs are property of EMMR. Please ask a staff member for access to the photographs.
- No materials will be loaned out, all research will be in-house.
Click here to download inventory list – please note the different tabs at the bottom of the Excel spreadsheet.
Access to the research library is limited to EMMR members. Please check out our Membership Page for more information on becoming a member.